Validity of UK Driving Licenses Post-Brexit

If you hold a UK driving license and are driving in Germany or elsewhere in Europe, please be aware that post Brexit, your license may no longer be valid here without an International Driving Permit (IDP).

Previously, it was possible to obtain them by post through the AA (Automobile Association), at some of their shops or at selected UK Post Offices. Of course, in its usual awkward fashion, the UK government is changing the rules from the end of this month and IDPs will no longer be available by post. Great…

If you are in this situation, I strongly suggest you read the following page on the AA website which gives full details of what is changing and what could happen in the event of the dreaded ”no deal”:

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *